Sunday, March 6, 2016

Been a while

I know it's been a while since I have made an update. This is for a couple of reasons. 1. I am still recovering from the car accident. I have been trying to be a good girl and let everything heal right, I am pretty much stuck in bed most of the time with this crazy pain medication and muscle relaxers they have me on and the ice packs I have to use after each DR's apt to make it where I am not hurting as much. I am not really as healed up as I thought I would be, so it has limited me a good bit.

2. Not too much has changed with mom. Her short-term memory is not as good as it used to be and I can tell it's changing. Her pain is still being managed with the same pain medication she's been on, so that is a good thing.

We've started Chaplin services so she has someone to talk to  and a CNA has been coming in to help with her showers and so on. She's been coloring a lot to stay busy in between rests. It's certainly noticeable that she's been resting more than.

She was able to cook dinner the other night with the help of Makenzie, so that was a nice treat for her. Her nurse comes once a week still and is okay with where she is with everything for now.


I would like to say this has been an emotionally trying past couple of weeks for her. It's hard to sit around and know you are waiting things out. She's not really had the energy to get out of the house and do much. I have been encouraging her to go for a ride or for her and Al to go to lunch, but she usually feels to worn down to get out and do much.

It would mean a lot to her to hear from her friends. I'd love to see everyone drop a card in the mail or a note to her. Let her know you are thinking of her, something to let her know she's not been forgotten by her friends or family.  I can give you an address if you'd like to drop her a note in the mail. It would be great to fill up a wall with well wishes from her loved ones.


2 comments:

  1. Dana, please provide an address. Or email it to me, krismattingly58@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Email me your address I don't know you all but I would like to send a card. jcmm0281@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete