Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Getting ready for a trip

Well, mom is finally doing better (as we can call it) She is in pain today. A level that we are calling "manageable" a level of pain that is acceptable so that she can remain as clear-headed as possible. With that being said, she is a bit foggy, which is also her new normal. She is always a bit foggy and "off" but that is our middle ground. The balance that I have searching for that I am sure will change in a few day's and I will be back to searching for it again. Like the elusive big foot, always on the search for something that may not actually exist or can truly be attained. I shall keep searching and evolving with her needs to keep things as comfortable as we can.

We are cautiously optimistic about her trip to go see my brother and his family. We know it's going to be a treat for them, but bitter-sweet as it will also be a goodbye of sorts. A last chance to visit and take pictures and enjoy time. How I wish I could freeze it for the boys and give them more of it.

I am still working on her bucket list though we have to manage it based both on how she's doing and budget wise.

She's resting today as tomorrow will be a long, exciting, exhausting trip for both her and Al.



2 comments:

  1. Kiss my cousin and tell her to have a blast! and for you dana, I am praying for you to get some much needed rest...pamper yourself a bit and don't let anyone bring you down... you are doing a spectacular job

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kiss my cousin and tell her to have a blast! and for you dana, I am praying for you to get some much needed rest...pamper yourself a bit and don't let anyone bring you down... you are doing a spectacular job

    ReplyDelete